Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's a start...

I'm working this weekend, at the job that actually pays money, so I don't have a lot of time to work on the coop despite the beautiful weather today. But, after cleaning up most of the tree limbs in the backyard and stacking the wood from the walnut tree I cut down recently, I moved onto cutting some of the framing lumber. I managed to cut all the floor joists to size and probably about 75% of the wall studs and top and bottom plates for the walls. That will speed up the process a little when I'm finally able to start putting things together.

By the way, this is the 10X10 garden shed I'm building with some modifications to make it usable as a coop. I'll be dividing it with a half-wall inside, making part of it the coop and part of it for storage. The chickens will have the short side with a fenced-in run off that side as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment