Monday, May 2, 2011

Sunday's progress.

Sunday proved pretty productive despite the threat of rain and eventual light showers. I managed to get the windows in the clerestory wall, complete the walls in the actual chicken area of the coop, including caulking along the floor and the joints between sheets of plywood. I placed pulleys for opening the pop door from outside the chicken area but need to get hardware for the actual door to connect the rope to the top of the door. I also tinkered with the placement for the feeder and waterer. I have the feeder hanging temporarily until I get the roosts in and decide exactly where to put it.

This evening after work and my dentist appointment, I took it easy and just applied primer to the trim lumber.



Roof shingles, entry door, some trim and a little paint and the outside will be finished. Also need to get moving on the run.

Looking down the narrow part of the chickens' area from the corner where the roosts will be.

This is the corner where the roosts will be placed. The pop door is to the left and the entry door into the chicken area is to the right.

Looking back from the corner where the roosts will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment