Thursday, April 21, 2011

Finished getting the roof on in the rain.

My dad and I finished covering the roof with tar paper this evening as the rain set in. Unfortunately, it's supposed to rain for about a week. If I can get a break in the weather over the weekend, I'll be able to get the rest of the siding on and the windows installed so I can start working on the inside.




lI got the fascia boards on three sides of the taller roof before my dad made it over.

Once my dad arrived, he helped get the fascia board on the peak of the taller roof and we started nailing the plywood to the rafters.

We quickly moved onto the other roof as it started looking more and more like rain.

'My dad helping nail down the plywood on the roof. Shortly after this, it started sprinkling and then a light rain began to fall as we nailed down the last section of plywood. We then nailed down the tar paper and finished about 7:15 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment